Requesting Change of Reporting Unit

To: CPT O’Manya

Subject: Request for Unit Transfer


I am writing to formally request a release from my current assignment with the 947th Quartermaster Company Reserves Unit. I would like to transfer to a National Guard Unit, specifically C Co. (DET 1) 1-116th INF VAARNG, located at 15 College St. Christiansburg, VA 24073.

Currently, I am enrolled as a junior at Virginia Tech, and I believe it is impractical for me to travel five to six hours to Pennsylvania every month to fulfill my Reserve duties. By joining the unit near my school, it would greatly benefit my collegiate career and align better with my future plans for both my education and my Army career.

Thank you for considering my request.

Very Respectfully,

C/Kim, Jong

Share this article
Shareable URL
Prev Post

Soldier of the Month Board Recommendation

Next Post

Letter of Condolence

Read next