Technical Engineer NCO
SGT Pearson’s extensive technical knowledge played a vital role in overseeing the design and supervision of five significant construction missions, totaling $1.3 million in value. Over a span of four months, his expertise accounted for approximately 7,500 hours of work. Additionally, SGT Pearson served as a valuable asset in his role as a quality assurance representative for the detachment. His responsibilities included ensuring that all assigned vertical projects met the required slump test standards.
While serving with the 156th Engineer Detachment under the 94th Engineer Battalion, SGT Pearson served as the quality assurance and quality control NCO. He conducted thorough inspections of both horizontal and vertical construction design projects assigned to the battalion. Providing weekly guidance and feedback to the detachment officer, SGT Pearson ensured strict compliance with state, post, and environmental laws and regulations throughout the construction process. Furthermore, he prioritized the safety of personnel by maintaining a secure construction site.
- Collaborated closely with the Program Manager and OIC (Officer in Charge) on an electrical construction project, contributing to the creation of a new Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Led a team of two Soldiers in the design and construction of platforms and housings for critical airfield instruments. These additions provided redundant capabilities during takeoff and landing operations, enhancing overall airfield safety.
- Conducted surveys of Q36 Reference Points for Camp Falcon and FOB Prosperity Declination Stations. These surveys were instrumental in preparing the 10th Mountain Division and the 2/3 FA Units for success.
- Played a key role in the successful completion of the 147th Survey and Design team training, contributing significantly to the team’s accomplishments.
- Served as the platoon EOCA (Explosive Ordnance Clearance Agent) and BIP (Blow-in-Place) expert during the NTC (National Training Center) rotation.
- Took charge of training sessions focused on soil testing, material testing, and surveying techniques.