MOS 13S and MOS 13W were merged to form MOS 13T, Surveyor/ Meteorological Crewmember. MOS 13S no longer exists.
Chief of Survey
- Successfully completed over 2500 survey missions, contributing to 100% safe artillery live fire exercises.
- Developed an effective fires plan during the company defense, providing crucial support to Operation Gimlet.
- Assumed additional roles as a Fire Support NCO and Fire Support Specialist, in addition to his primary responsibility as an FA (Field Artillery) surveyor.
- Utilized his experience on the Mobile Observation Team to identify areas for development and improvement in team security.
- Played a vital role in the direct training, care, and motivation of the lead Liaison Section.
- Served as the resident expert on the PLGR (Precision Lightweight GPS Receiver), ensuring accurate location data at all times.
- Maintained constant communication with Fire Direction/HQ (Headquarters) and FO (Forward Observer) to ensure the safe delivery of rounds downrange.