MEMORANDUM THRU Commander, 2d Infantry Division, Camp Casey, APO, AP 96224
FOR Commander, Eighth US Army, Yongsan Garrison, APO AP 96205
SUBJECT: Letter of Recommendation for Officer Candidate School (PYLE, DERRICK S. XXX-XX-1234; B Troop, 4th Squadron 7th Cavalry Regiment)
- I am pleased to offer my wholehearted recommendation for the acceptance of SSG Derrick Pyle into the Officer Candidate School (OCS) program. Throughout my interactions with SSG Pyle, it has become evident that he embodies all the necessary attributes to excel as an Officer in the United States Army. His unwavering attention to detail and strong commitment to service are hallmarks of his character, evident in the exceptional dedication he shows towards his fellow Soldiers.
- Having observed SSG Pyle’s performance over the past two years, particularly during my tenure as Commander, United States Army Garrison (USAG) – Casey, I can confidently say that he ranks among the top five percent of Non-Commissioned Officers I’ve encountered throughout my career.
- One of SSG Pyle’s outstanding qualities is his ability to accomplish missions even in resource-constrained environments. As the Senior Fire Support NCO in the Squadron, he consistently provides training and guidance to his fellow fire support NCOs and Officers at both the Squadron and Troop levels. This is a clear demonstration of his exceptional leadership capabilities and potential.
- Notably, SSG Pyle is responsible for all Fires in support of Blackfoot Troop, 4/7 CAV, 1HBCT, and he has successfully conducted 14 Live fire exercises, consistently surpassing the established standards. With limitless potential, this remarkable Non-Commissioned Officer would undoubtedly be a valuable addition to the Officer Corps, and the Army as a whole would greatly benefit from his exceptional leadership ability.
- Without any hesitation, I strongly endorse SSG Pyle for selection to Officer Candidate School. I firmly believe that if he is chosen for this prestigious opportunity, all Soldiers, Non-Commissioned Officers, and Officers he interacts with will be positively influenced by his values, strong work ethic, and unwavering professionalism.