DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
HEADQUARTERS, 2ND BATTALION, 504TH PARACHUTE INFANTRY REGIMENT
82ND AIRBORNE DIVISION FORT BRAGG, NORTH CAROLINA 28310
09 February 2018
MEMORANDUM FOR Commander Womack Army Medical Center, ATTN: Warfighter Refractive Eye Surgery Clinic (WRESP), Fort Bragg, NC 28310
SUBJECT: Commander’s Endorsement of Refractive Eye Surgery
- Specialist Robert Ballentine, 5XX-4X-XXXX, 68W, is hereby provided my endorsement and permission to be evaluated and considered for enrollment in the Refractive Eye Surgery Program. As of the date of this endorsement, the above-mentioned Soldier has at least 12 months of retainability at the current duty station and at least 18 months of retainability from the date of surgery in the Army.
a) The scheduled ETS/retirement date is 14 May 2020.
- I am aware that following the surgery, the Soldier will have certain restrictions for typically 30 days and up to 90 days:
a) No participation in airborne operations b) No swimming c) No night operations d) Must attend all follow-up appointments, including but not limited to: 1 day, 7 days, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.
- I understand that the Soldier cannot be deployed for 30 days and up to 90 days after the surgery.
- I have familiarized myself with both the Chief of Staff of the Army’s memorandum and the Surgeon General’s memorandum, including the eight eligibility criteria, and have ensured that the above Soldier meets the criteria and will comply with the follow-up requirements.
- The point of contact for this memorandum is the undersigned, reachable at (X10) 489-89XX or via email at [email protected].
JASON XXXXXXX CPT, IN Commanding
Soldier Information: Name: Robert Ballentine Duty MOS: 68W Cell Phone: (XXX)-961-99XX Home Address: Room 412 Building C3522, Biazza Street, Fort Bragg NC 28310 First Line Supervisor’s Phone: SGT MITCHELL (XXX)-383-XXXX